Saturday, October 6, 2012

Baking Bread in a Bread Machine

If you’re like most Americans, you probably have a bread machine. I recently acquired mine from King Arthur Flour, and with the machine came a beautiful booklet with plenty of recipes, but nothing incorporating whole grain, preferably organic. Being sensitive to nutrition, I strove to create a loaf of bread that was whole grain, but the loaf consistently fell in the center and looked like a heavy half loaf…until I finally came up with the below shown recipe which consistently rises and stays beautiful during the entire baking cycle. I have added raisins, and today added chopped walnuts. I love my bread machine!
In order shown, add to a 2-pound loaf pan:

1 egg plus sufficient rice milk to equal 1-1/2 C liquid
2 T Olive Oil
2 T Honey
1-1/2 C Unbleached All-Purpose Wheat Flour
1-1/2 C Organic Whole Wheat Flour
¼ C Almond Meal
¾ C Combination of Flaxseed Meal, Quinoa Flour, Oat Flour, Buck Wheat Flour, Brown Rice Flour
1-1/2 t Salt
2-1/2 t Yeast Granules

I use the higher quality King Arthur Flour brand SAF Red Instant Yeast. Set the bread machine on the normal cycle, selecting "light" for darkness of crust. This is a fantastic bread, with excellent texture, guaranteed to taste as good as it looks! Yeah for bread machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment